Hello Daniel,

> Hi All,

> Background info:

> ipaq h4350
> angstrom (newest from june 7th)
> kernel 2.6.21-hh2

> Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

>>Hello Daniel
>>

>>        .20 is old by now. The reason why Angstrom didn't switch to
>>.21 officially is that it has some jffs2-related issues. These are not
>>relevant for h4000, and anyone building himself should help with
>>testing latest anyway.
>>

> So how do I go about building this?   I've tried "bitbake
> linux-handhelds-2.6_2.6.21-hh6" but got an error.  I've also tried
> setting the PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-handhelds-2.6 variable to
> 2.6.21-hh6, but bitbake seeemed to ignore that.  Also is there any
> difference to pulling from cvs head?

        Please read bitbake manual/look at the OE configs to see how
to do that. By now, all hh.org ports are set to use 2.6.21-hh8, the
latest.

>>        Just FYI, sustainable way to add missing features to
>>defconfigs is to check that the option is actually of interest to wide
>>user community, then RFC it, and ideally submit patch for defconfigman
>>(http:///defconfigman.sf.net), which is used since .21 to manage
>>defconfig for hh.org machines.
>>

> Is there a formal place to RFC it or do I just post to the mailing list?

        This is good place to do that. Just make sure you looked at
the latest devel configs to see the actual state.

>>>with the 2.6.21 kernel - bluetooth modules do not load correctly,  and I
>>>could not get the ACX stuff to work (I did do the devmem2 thing).
>>>

>>        There's too little info to say something about this.
>>

> Heres more detail:

[]

        I didn't yet have chance to look at BT/WiFi issues, will do
later.

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]