Hello angstrom-distro-devel,

      Recently, I did a revamp on IM handling in Angstrom X11 images,
and here are final touches to make it all so nice:

1. mboxkbd-layouts-gui is a config applet written by Sergey Lapin to
take advantage of multi-layout support patches for matchbox-keyboard
written by me. This tool is really required to take advantage of
multi-layout support, and as it is for quite some time in Angstrom,
it's natural to add mboxkbd-layouts-gui.

2. While matchbox-keyboard is something maintained and now
configurable to the good user needs, it will pass some time before it
will look as good as ol' good xkbd, at least on small screens. So,
xkbd is valuable still, and I'd like to propose to add xkbd-layout-ru,
i.e. Russian layout by default. There's significant potential Angstrom
userbase using Cyrillic languages, and having IM support with the most
common language will both address needs large share of that userbase,
and show users of other Cyrillic languages that there layouts can be
easily supported.
    The price of the question is 20k. If there're concerns about that,
then:

1. It's highly compressable text file, so jffs2 images will be
minimally affected. It can be compacted by 10-20% of raw size, still.
2. We ship all default xkbd layouts with xkbd packages, while most of
them cosmetic variants, or obscure layouts. By moving them to
separated xkbd-layout-* packages, we can easily make room for 20k, and
yet save.

Comments welcome.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]