Hello,

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:14:16 -0500
Junqian Gordon Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 02/22/2008 05:15 AM, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > You just to mtn pluck -r <rev> one by one, from the oldest,
> > committing in between. mtn gives default commit message, you should
> > remove first line as you suggest. Each commit should still include
> > revision which is being merged and changelog subject for it, I
> > suggest just pasting line from BACKPORTS.txt. I leave mtn's default
> > text where it is, at the top, and paste such a line after it. That
> > might help with automated parsing of ever will be required. But
> > thus such merges do not follow commit message policy of "normal"
> > commits.
> >
> > One final note is that I found mtn pluck fail for the following
> > case: a rev adds a new files, next rev patches it. In this case, I
> > just copy changed files from dev, and commit reminder of revs
> > together, pasting few BACKPORTS.txt lines. Of course, you should be
> > careful to not pull more changes than needed in such case.
>
> Finally, I'm through with this backport excercise. However, after mtn
> push, I don't see any certs/revs out. Is this expected result?

Well, you don't describe all steps you did, so it's hard to tell what's
wrong. mtn pluck just merges a revision into work copy (a-la "svn
merge"), so you need explicit commit after each pluck. And of course,
you should make sure that you work with all branches in mtn repo:

mtn pull --set-default monotone.openembedded.org 'org.openembedded.*'

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angstrom-distro-devel/2007-December/001306.html

> mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | certs out | revs out
> mtn:     1.3 k |     1.6 k |       0/0 |      0/0
> mtn: successful exchange with monotone.openembedded.org
>
> Regards
> Gordon
>
> P.S. I have to say that the backporting experience is not fun at all.

Working with branches is always a chore, but industry haven't devised
other sustainable means to maintain development of new versions and
quality of existing product.

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]