Hello,

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:40:47 +0100
Koen Kooi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul Sokolovsky schreef:
> | Hello,
> |
> | So, I spent today hacking on initramfs-bootmenu-image, and found
> (and | made myself) few breakage here and there. With few people
> working | actively on that area, there's some step-on-others-feet'ing
> happens, we | kinda need 3 branches ;-D.
>
> bug 4057 shows problems building the kernel (both uclibc and glibc)

I tried to reproduce problems last 2 days and can't - it works well for
me. #4057 list two kinds of issues:
http://bugs.openembedded.org/attachment.cgi?id=8030

usr/initramfs_data.S:29: Error: file not found:
usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz

BB recipe now doesn't do anything about usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz.
It's all under control of kernel Makefile, and in case of uclibc, we
simply don't do anything about initramfs config (well, we filter out
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE, but make oldconfig will reset that to empty
value). So, I have no idea how that can happen. Can you please try to
build all the sequence manually and see what's wrong?

http://bugs.openembedded.org/attachment.cgi?id=8038

This looks a bit suspicious, I assume it's due to readlink call you
added. Either way, that's due to explicit check for initramfs file
existence was lost, I've readded it, so there at least should not be
cryptic error messages.

> regards,
>
> Koen

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]