<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|> Koen Kooi wrote:
|>  > If we drop the bookkeeping part, getting things into the stable tree
|>  > will be much easier:
|>  > ...
|>  > objections, additions?
|>
|>  +1
|>
|>  At some point in time, a stable and development branch will diverge. We
|>  should focus Angstrom stable on being usable and not tracking .dev.
|>

| If not done yet, we have to decide to go for one of two approaches.
|
| (1) .stable tracks .dev, but lags. Takes lots of efforts.
|
| d s
| | /|
| |/ |
| | /|
| |/ |
| | /|
| |/ |

| (2) .stable diverges from .dev, not keeping up at some point. The
| "fish bone" branch-off approach.
|
| d s2
| | /
| |/
| |  s1
| | /
| |/
| Yes, so instead of a .stable branch that lags behind .dev, we have a
| fish bone approach, were we split from .dev for each stable branch.
|
| I would prefer (2), and I think Angstrom decided for this as well
| given the 2007-1 naming??

At the moment we try to do (1), but the long term plan is to do (2). The
~ main issue with (2) is that it requires either picking a alomost random
(broken) branchpoint, or enforce a (brief) period of stabilizing .dev
before branching of.

Should we create an oe-stable-branch mailinglist were patches get
presented, reviewed and signed-off on?

regards,

Koen