Andrea Adami wrote:
> >Anyhow someone at work has given me a Zaurus c860 (c7x0). Playing around
> >with angstrom for a bit has highlighted a few things:
>
> Nice to see a new c7x0 candidate for mantainer!
> +1 for me (he he, I'm just too busy atm, can only help for some testing)
>
> > I don't have a strong opinion on either option, but I would like at least 2
> > test reports from users of the chosen option (backport or 2.6.25). 2.6.24
> > was said to fix loads of stuff and turned out to be broken.....
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Koen
>
> +1 from me to jump on 2.6.25 wagon

+1 from me. vanilla pxa2xx_udc and RP pxa27x_udc look different. If
2.6.25 UDC works on PXA27x, there is nothing to do. If not, we should
compare them.

There are many new features in 2.6.25 (UDC, new wireless stack,...).
Porting RP patches to 2.6.25 would be more productive than backporting
new features to 2.6.24.

Let's start with 2.6.25-rp as clone of 2.6.24-rp and comment out all
failing patches with "REBASE or DROP" note. Then authors of patches will
debug and fix it.

> The underlying problem was linux-rp-2.6.23 in .dev had big issues with
> suspend/resume. I personally suggested the move to 2.6.24, being
> desesperated by the *not resuming* device (SL-C860).
> Moreover Stanislav was working on Sharp remote control and the patches
> were only for 2.6.24.

One line reject fix for 2.6.23 or 2.6.25. Porting to 2.6.26 would
require some work (GPIO code changes).

I have no confirmation, that it works on akita or c7x0. Especially on
C7x0 + CE-RH1, the driver is only my guess.

> Anyway the 2.6.24 still needs some finishing: If you look at the
> bottom of the linux-rp-2.6.24.bb you'll see there are no
> mtd-module.patch for c7x0 but only for akita. Why?

mtd-module.patch fixes MTD mapping of PROM, when compiled as module.
I added it for machines, which were actually affected.
Very minor issue, unless you want to use EN-JP dictionary database in
PROM. Fixed in 2.6.25.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus