Paul Eggleton schrieb:

Hmm, there's something odd going on there. I'm not sure whether it's just because of Opie not handling the screen size or whether there's something else causing it. Something to investigate further.

I hope we can figure it out :)
BTW which Simpad model is it that you have?

I own a SL4 and a T-Sinus.
The brightness is not changeable.

Looking at the code it is writing values to /proc/driver/mq200/backlight. Is this is no longer correct?

It is no longer correct for kernel 2.6. I fixed this and other things I will send a patch to the opie bugracker and a mail to opie devel.
A bigscreen background would also be cool.

I think we already have an 800x600 background, it's probably just a matter of including it when building the appropriate packages in OE.

How can I figure out that?
Feel free to write me I have spare time  and I want to spend it for a
better integration of opie on the simpad.

Well, I would welcome any simpad-related patches and if there is anything directly I can do to help please let me know :) Further technical discussions should probably take place on the opie-devel mailing list.

I will do so.

regards
Bernhard Guillon