Hello,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I haven't been able to locate a
suitable search engine for previous posts on this list.

I'm using the open embedded environment to build a Angstrom distribution for
the OMAP3 (EVM) dev kit. I'm pleased to say that the "bitbake console-image"
succeeded and I was able to boot the kernel. However, we are intending to use
the dev kit within a NFS mounted environment (the kernel is transferred/booted
via tftp too). Alas, when the kernel boots, it panics since it can't mount the
root file system...

Note, I'm using the uBoot that came with the EVM board currently... My boot
args are:

        mem=128M console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd ip=10.0.14.11 rw root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=10.0.14.2:/export/b1,nolock

Having a quick look through the dependency lists, it looks like the NFS client
isn't included in the kernel image so my query is how to add that to my build?

Kind regards
Richard

--
| Richard Barrass | Senior Software Engineer | Crane Merchandising Systems |
+44 (0) 1249 667238 | www.cranems.co.uk |

you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the
message. This footer also confirms that this e-mail message has been
scanned for the presence of computer viruses and malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com.

Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses or malware are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of
Crane Merchandising Systems.

Crane Merchandising Systems is a Limited company registered in the UK whose
registered office is at Pipsmore Park, Bumpers Farm Industrial Estate,
Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6NQ

| Company Registration No. 02360425 | VAT No. 543196833 |