On 26-10-09 19:06, Thomas Kunze wrote:
Koen Kooi wrote:
On 26-10-09 18:46, Thomas Kunze wrote:
Koen Kooi wrote:
Hi,

To fix the fallout for the static-libs-stripping bug and to get rid of
spurious gconf-dbus deps there will be a DISTRO_PR bump soon.
When bitbake informs you of said occasion, remove TMPDIR and rebuild.
I'd like to bump gcc and binutils to recent versions to get rid of
arm-oabi. (I currently work on this.)

While that's a laudable goal, I'm uncomfortable with gcc 4.4.x, it
seems to produce slower code than 4.3.x, at least for ARM. I'm not
sure if getting rid of OABI is worth slowing down all ARM architectures.

You mean because of the additional instructions needed to make armv4
eabi compatible?

No, general slowdown seen when only changing the compiler, but leaving CFLAGS and LDFLAGS the same. For one issue I have a patch from gcc bugzilla, maybe there are patches for others.
OTOH we can't stay with 4.3.x forever.

regards,

Koen