>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that packaged-staging seems to be working again, I think it's time
>
> There are some issues left.

Yes, definitely.
But finally after more than one year I can at least rebuild zaurus
images (tricky because of the initramfs and two kernels) from pstage.

What's conceirning me is the talk on irc of some days ago [1]: it
seems the actual packaged-staging is already deprecated...

If you missed it:

23:19.04        RP__    pb__: It would be nice to take a step back and solve
some of this properly
23:19.29        RP__    rather than continually trying to retain compatibility
and digging a deeper hole
23:19.42        RP__    which is what I see packaged-staging as :/

23:21.45        RP__    pb__: but we also disagree on the package reuse thing :/

23:20.17        pb__    yeah, I think I am on the point of throwing
packaged-staging away and writing a new replacement for it from
scratch.
23:20.31        pb__    it doesn't really seem to solve my problems in a way
that I want to have them solved :-}
23:21.00        RP__    pb__: I hate the thing :(

23:22.18        kergoth when i was experimenting with private staging, i
combined the packaged-staging functionality with the sysroot/staging
bits in base.bbclass, moved it all into a staging.bbclass, and pulled
that in from base.  probably a decent way to go for a replacement for
the regular thing too

Andrea

[1] http://ibot.rikers.org/%23oe/20100208.html.gz