On 10 September 2010 09:58, Koen Kooi <k.k...@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> If you're building a Qt app I would strongly advise using qmake. If
> you're not building a Qt apps I would strongly advise dropping cmake,
> it's horrible. CMake wasn't designed to support crosscompiling and that
> shows :(
>
> Since you seem to have a OE build setup already, write a recipe for it
> that inherits the cmake class, that should work around the worst cmake
> "features".

Sorry for hijacking the thread. But could you please explain what is bad
about CMake for cross-compilation? What of its "features" needs
workarounds?

The reason I ask is that in my own (limited) experience, CMake is a very
good build system, also for cross-compilation. And I prefer CMake over
Autotools. Shouldn't I?

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman