On 05/28/2011 07:00 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
On 05/28/2011 05:45 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
(Adding beagle group to CC:)

Op 28 mei 2011, om 12:46 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

On 05/28/2011 04:35 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

On 28-05-11 12:07, Gary Thomas wrote:
I just built Angstrom via oe-core for the BeagleBoard, rev C3 (not xM)
Here were my steps:
$ git clone git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/setup-scripts angstrom-bb
$ cd angstrom-bb
$ git checkout -b local-oe origin/oe-core
$ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
$ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh bitbake console-image

It doesn't boot at all. I built a bootable SD from the deploy/images,
including MLO and U-Boot. Here's the boot sequence (I broke in to set
the console):
Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.4.4ss (Jan 29 2011 - 10:54:03)

That should say 1.5.0, but wouldn't cause boot problems.

For reference, this is what I get on my C3:

It seems like every major component (MLO, U-Boot, Linux kernel) differs between
my build and yours.

So what did you do differently? Why is my build so different (and not work)?
I used the stock conf/local.conf - did you make any changes to it?

You're right, my FAT partition was a mess, I recreated the card using OE-core
built stuff, log is further below. The one change I have is this one:
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/4677/ which might explain the problems
Gary is seeing, but not the problems I'm encountering.

I'm trying this now with that patch applied. So far, I can already see signs
of change (fewer strange warnings while parsing recipes, etc). I'm doing a
complete build from scratch, so I won't know the results for a few hours.

Sadly, I'm still getting the same results even with this patch.

I'm still curious why my components are different (MLO=1.4.4 vs 1.5 for you,
etc)?
I also noticed that U-Boot isn't even firing off the kernel - it hangs
up during the decompression step.

Note: I verified that my board is OK by running the RevC recovery process.