>DISTRO_FEATURES  := "${@oe_filter_out('x11', '${DISTRO_FEATURES}', d)}"
>
>but when you do such customizations and ask for help on angstrom
>channels then please specify exactly what you have done since folks
>here will think you are using Angstrom defined distro policies.

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

>You can build an image that doesn't ship X11 just fine without fiddling
>with DISTRO_FEATURES. To use your dbus example, the bit that uses X11
>gets packaged as dbus-x11, which you can choose not to install.

That's true, and that is how we were building our images, but I got a bug from
a developer the other day when he tried to access dbus from QtE: "Could not
connect to D-Bus server: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to
autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11" which I'm pretty sure is
coming from dbus being compiled with x11 support.