On 17.02.2012 12:13, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:

> 2012/2/17 Christophe Aeschlimann <c.aeschlim...@acn-group.ch>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used the Angstrom distribution and OpenEmbedded in the past and I used
>> to have a custom image recipe that would do something like that :
>>
>> require recipes/images/minimal-image.bb
>>
>> DEPENDS += "task-boot \
>>        "
>>
>> PR_append = "-r09"
>>
>> IMAGE_INSTALL += "mtd-utils \
>>
>>     [stripped down list of extra packages]
>>
>>                  ethtool \
>>                  setserial \
>>                  ntpdate \
>>                  dnsmasq \
>>                  mini-httpd \
>>                  "
>>
>> export IMAGE_BASENAME = "custom-image"
>>
>> The system I'm working with has 16MB of flash and needs some free space
>> to store a few other big binary blobs. (rootfs should be < ~ 10 MB).
>>
>> I switched to the latest git tree based on oe-core and I can build the
>> console-base-image fine. But it's a bit big, around 15MB.
>>
>> I saw that minimal-image.bb is gone (from meta-oe and from
>> Could someone give me some recommendation on the best way to proceed to
>> reduce the Angstrom image size ?
>
> There is a core-image-minimal in
> .../setup-scripts/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/images/
> Don't know if it is an exact replacement though.

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.

I had a look at this oe-core recipe and it would definitely fit my
rootfs size requirement but it looks like it really hasn't much included
and it doesn't include any Angstrom configuration. Maybe it's a starting
point but to be honest I would prefer to remove what I don't need than
to spend a lot of time figuring out what I'm missing :)

Regards,

--
Christophe Aeschlimann

Embedded Software Engineer & IT Manager
ACN Advanced Communications Networks S.A.
2000 - Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 32 724 74 31