Hi,

With the change to an oe-core based system a lot of things changed and angstrom
itself has gone through some changes as well. One of those changes is that some
packages were renamed or deprecated.
To keep narcissus working the decision was made to remove all machines and trim
the package lists.

The new machine list matches the autobuilder: qemuarm, qemumips, qemuppc,
qemux86, beagleboard and beagleboard. That matches the machines supported in
OE-core and the ones I get paid to support for my day job.

The branch:
https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/narcissus/commits/core-update
Test setup: http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/narcissus/

The process to add machines is fairly simple:

1) Find the layer for the machine in http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex
2) Check the setup scripts to see if it's already configured
3) Send patch for setupscripts
4) Send patch for narcissus

The process for packages is pretty much the same. The will need review since
not every layer plays nice with others. I'm hoping that this process will be
easy enough for people to follow while preventing non-working combinations to
get added.

As always, feedback appreciated.

regards,

Koen