Hello,

I just tested your kernel workflow
I have modified the em28xx-core.c file (in kernel....drivers/media/video/em28xx/ ) after the -c compile and -c build, I see that the em28xx-core.o has not been updated

finally, i ran the command    bitbake -b linux-mainline_3.2.bb
compilation is not finished now, but as far as I see, the module (.ko) is up to date

This solution seems to be working for what I need (module-only recompilation)
Now, I will test your suggestions to reconfigure the kernel

Thanks to you all for your help !
Best Regards,

Chris