On 2012-12-24 13:46, Alan DuBoff wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Gary Thomas wrote:

You should not be making changes to the recipes directly.  Any changes you
are making there can be made in local.conf (or the recipe is broken).

What did you change?

Please try to answer the question that was asked: what did you change in the
*recipe*??

Well, creating ttyUSBx devices was not working correctly for me, but my boss
noticed that it was working for him on one of the stock images running 3.2.28,
so I bumped mine back
down to 3.2.28 in that ti recipe and it built fine for me, yet they still
didn't mount.

I then took it back to 3.2.34 for most testing and finally figured out that it
had to do with the kernel modules not being loaded on there.

The kernel and the modules [package] have to match or else you'll have problems.

Both were tested and running the proper kernel, so not sure what harm could
have been done.