Op 21 jul. 2014, om 13:35 heeft Koen Kooi <k...@dominion.thruhere.net> het
volgende geschreven:

> Op 20 jul. 2014, om 00:34 heeft Mark Ruys <m...@paracas.nl> het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> I'm trying to build a Angstrom v2013.12 SD card to boot from. This is what I
>> did essentially:
>>
>> git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
>> cd setup-scripts
>>
>> MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That says 'board', not 'bone'

Ah, well, that says it all.

After some effort, I've created my own eMMC flash SD-card based on Angstrom
v2013.12. I tweaked the kernel so I have WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT using 'bitbake -c
menuconfig virtual/kernel'. As I don't trust SD-cards for reliable 24h
operation, I want my BeagleBone to boot from eMMC under all circumstances. For
this I altered the u-Boot bootcmd script. Indeed the eMMC u-Boot always runs
the zImage kernel from eMMC at /dev/mmcblk1, regardless whether an SD-card is
inserted or not:

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
mmc1(part 0) is current device
SD/MMC found on device 1
reading uEnv.txt
26 bytes read in 5 ms (4.9 KiB/s)
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
4763976 bytes read in 303 ms (15 MiB/s)
26102 bytes read in 55 ms (462.9 KiB/s)
Kernel image @ 0x80200000 [ 0x000000 - 0x48b148 ]
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 80f80000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x80f80000
   Using Device Tree in place at 80f80000, end 80f895f5

Starting kernel ...

But to my surprise, this kernel still wants to mount the SD-card (/dev/mmcblk0)
as rootfs. I'm not sure if I ask the right mailing list this question..., but
does anyone knows how to let the kernel mount eMMC as the root fs, and not try
to use the SD-card? This isn't a kernel build config option, is it?

Mark