On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:07 AM,  <zbos...@pr.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a small(ish) x86 Angström build with some updated
> components.
>
> One such component is MariaDB. I have some problems with the included
> MariaDB 5.1.67. First, it's too old. Second, it's not started
> automatically when I use an image that uses systemd.
>
> I had quite some obstacles with upgrading MariaDB in the new layer-based
> OpenEmbedded, starting with the switch to use CMake instead of autotools.
>
> Now, another biggie concerns the whole Angström build. I ran into this:
>
> https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5982
>
> MariaDB fails to link at a very late stage because of this in
> meta-angstrom/conf/distro/include/angstrom-eglibc.inc :
>
> # We use gold as default linker for arm/x86 on eglibc based images
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append_arm = " ld-is-gold"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append_x86 = " ld-is-gold"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append_x86-64 = " ld-is-gold"
>
> Why does Angström use "GNU gold"?

being multithreaded it speeds up the link time significantly on some
large applications. You could fix this
by providing own ld script where you remove the VERSION contruct.
Since you may not be building
all those qt libraries etc. you might consider not using gold. another
option is to use ld.bfd just for mariadb
package by setting LD properly for mariadb build.

Because of the above, binutils builds