On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Michael Jones
<michael.jo...@matrix-vision.de> wrote:
> Hi Khem,
>

> On 11/15/2014 04:16 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM, Jones,Michael
>> <michael.jo...@matrix-vision.de> wrote:
>>>

>>> OK, I'll answer my own question: it looks like the support for
>>> 'EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "read-only-rootfs"' in openembedded-core only
>>> applies
>>> to sysvinit, and since Angstrom uses systemd by default, setting
>>> "read-only-rootfs" doesn't get you anywhere.
>>

>> thats right, but you can easily define the operations you want to
>> cater  in r-o-rfs
>

> I don't understand what you mean by "define the operations you want to
> cater".

it means you can write a post processing function where you do stuff
that your image needs to do in order for it to become r/o

> That aside, the latest Yocto release, 1.7, does include support for
> read-only rootfs with systemd.

no completely, e.g. if you use dropbear or systemd-resolved etc. it won't work.
only mounts will work

> So the next question is obviously: when will Angstrom be using Yocto 1.7?

end of this year look out for 2014.12 release