On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Morgan Gangwere <mgangw...@cnm.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:13:40AM +0200, Andrea Adami wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Andrea Adami <andrea.ad...@gmail.com
> >wrote:

> FWIW, the Collie install kit doesn't work for anyone and the Akita install
> kit has some serious problems.

Collie installkit just contains the zImage. Maybe you mean kernel has
problems? Same for akita?
 Please try to be precise: I don't have those machines.

> Because it only half works on most zaurii?
>

> > I'll build a 3.x roundup soon.
> > We need the Angstrom kernel logo and icons so I'll send a pull request
> for
> > that.
> >

> There's plenty around. Plus, I've had 0% luck on Real Machines when it
> comes to
> the 3.0 kernels -- 2.6 has been too nice to me I guess.

FYI 3.0 is just the kernel after 2.6.39 and there is any 'leap'.

> > > We were plagued by a mysterious kexecboot bug happening since long
> time.
> > > The bug was present in openembedded-classic as well as building with
> > > Angstrom setup-scripts.
> > >
> > > Surprisingly enough compiling with gcc4.6 seems to solve the issue.
> > >
> > > The issue is rather strange and is still under observation.
> > > I'll follow-up in the other thread about toolchain for Angstrom-next.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Andrea
> > >

> > In fact further testing revealed gcc has nothing to do with the bug, it's
> > just a kernel/keyboard driver issue.
>

> Bummer. When is this going to really fix things?

One of the issues involves the locomo kb driver. Adding an old patch [1]
solves on poodle, which has same keyboard as collie. For collie there is
another pending patch in the linux-kernel list [2]
The next build will implement those patches.

BTW Zaurus tosa is also not very functional atm. Happily one of our kernel
hackers is working on tosa and collie again.

Regards

Andrea

[1] http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/locomo_kbd_tweak-r2.patch
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1042352/