> Op 28-12-11 03:54, John Babrick:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to setup a toolchain to develop QtEmbedded applications for
> Beagleboard C4 board. I built an Anstrom image and sdk with Narcissus and
> am trying to follow Trey Weaver's instructions found here:

http://treyweaver.blogspot.com/2010/10/setting-up-qt-development-environment

.html.

>>Don't use those.

Which? Trey's instructions or the generated SDK?

> My question: what QtEmbedded library versions would I need to use to
> build this? The instructions are old and reference 4.6.2, and the Qt
> download site has two different versions available: 4.6.4 and 4.8.0 . How
> would I determine which library version the toolchain built by Narcissus
> yesterday needs?

>>Use the prebuilt ones from angstrom, (re)building qt yourself is a waste
of time and effort.

Question: I'm sorry, it's not obvious - where are these located?

Before getting your response, I downloaded the 4.8.0 QtEmbedded libraries
from Nokia and rebuilt. It wasn't a waste of time as I learned a bit about
rebuilding stuff - this is my first time getting into Linux-type of software
development. Anyhow, I rebuilt that library and was able to get Qt Creator
to generate an executable that ran on the target. Now, I need to more
correctly configure the target so it does not have gdm running on it.