On 23.03.2012 08:44:47, Hans Stimer wrote:
I see that Narcissus has a set of qemu options, but I can't find any
instructions on how to use the resulting rootfs with qemu. I've
searched the net and I can't find anyone who addresses this subject,
nor was I able to find an answer on the dev or user list going back
through 2010.

Presumably this is possible, but how?

1st off, find out which boot sources are enabled for the generated kernel. 2nd, connect rootfs to VM. For example, if IDE (PATA) is there, it's easy to be connected with "-drive" option to qemu. The resulting command that works is worth putting on WIKI together with requirements (qemu-system-arm among them). Like this one: http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Trying_it_out

Contact an IRC or me directly if stuck.
Regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer