hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a working and updated Angstrom image for my hx4700. I follow
ed these instructions:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom

and with a bit of struggle I was able to produce both a kernel zImage and some r
oot filesystems file in jffs2 format.

I'm using SDG bootloader 1.2.4, only slightly hexedited to write kernel output o
n framebuffer instead of serial. After flashing both the kernel and the root fs,
 the kernel hangs with the following message:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

There is also

I googled around searching for a solution, but the only things I found is http:/
/comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.angstrom.devel/3837 which seems to
 describe exactly the same problem. Someone said that solded with a hack, but th
ere is no mention of the hack itself

moreover, Koen advertised on the main page of the Angstrom linux distro that he
managed to run a 3.x kernel on hx4700, but he does not give any detail.. anyway,
 it is possible!

any idea about how to solve this issue?