hi everybody again

now that I solved my previous issues with the kernel, I'm struggling
with the selection of a proper image to compile and run.

I used for years GPE in a Familiar distro, and while many thing did work
flawlessly, many others didn't, and everything was a bit limited (ok,
not sure if that was due to GPE, to Familiar being already fading out,
or simply the hx4700 being a bit limited in hardware).

As far as I can see, Agngstrom itself offers:
- some base, non graphical environments. Can't use one of those, as I'd
want to actually use the device!
- an e based image
- a gnome+systemd image, which I compiled and is ~90Mb - a bit too much
for the tiny 64Mb internal flash of the hx4700, not to mention the ram!
- an xfce image, which I'd find appealing, wasn't for its ~55Mb size;
anyway, the bootloader "flasher" dies without notice when I try to load
that one in the internal rom

moreover, I compiled and succesfully loaded in rom an Opie image, which
is not in the Angstrom tree. It seems not to work thought, freezing with
some not-so-clear messages (I'm not even sure they are errors):

OConfig::OConfig()
(unknown): ODevice reports transformation to be 0

I can see the screenshot posted some while ago by Koen on angstrom site,
and it would seem to be a Gnome system.

any suggestion there?