On 17.06.2012 04:50:26, Gutembert nganpet wrote:
Hi all,

In Ubuntu, at $HOME/ directory, the ".bashrc" file does exist which is
executed by bash once the PC is booted. Is there anything similar in
Angstrom? I am using Overo Water COM on the Tobi expansion board and would like to write some variables and scripts that will be run automatically
once my Overo COM has booted.

Any suggestions?

1st: this strongly depends on the boot method you use. I.e. with SysV and systemd that might be very different solutions.

2nd:
In Ubuntu, at $HOME/ directory, the ".bashrc" file does exist which is executed by bash once the PC is booted.
You are very wrong. This file is "executed" on user logon, not on system boot.

If you'd specify the configuration you have (incl. GUI) and the aim that would be very helpful.
Regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer