I suppose you didn't need to patch the SDG bootloader as you put the
needed parameters in the "boot options" compiled in the kernel, and told
it to override any parameter passed by the bootloader. Can you confirm?

I'd be defintely interested in having a look at your kernel .config and
extra kernel boot parameters, if you were willing to share them :-)

I didn't even think the hx4700 could handle SD-HC CARDS.. that would be
good news for me!

Enrico