Hai

You may   please format the mmc correctly in master boot partion with the
help of disk utility of ubuntu ...and leave it with out creating any
partion .Note the address of memory card in the partition ie eg:
/dev/mmcblk0
Then coming to the bash or terminal using the omap card splitting tool for
omap processors format the memory card with its device address,..and copy
the demo image ...using linux..for more clarification in that ask ,,..