On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, David Lambert wrote:

Over the past few weeks I have noticed that builds based on the Angstrom/Beaglebone distribution have been unreliable. Notably systemd/udev issues. Now I noticed a new issue (log attached). I understand that a dynamically update system will have bugs from time to time, but this appears to be getting worse. Am I the only one who is noticing this? If so, maybe I am doing something wrong. If not, is there any hope of the issue stabilizing somewhat?

Dave,

That is the nature of the beast. If that bothers you it might be best to stick on a build that works for you and don't update.

Angstrom is based on several components like openembedded, ti, and a host of other metas.

I don't think your the only one noticing this, and it's common if you track the system as it updates.

Patient: Doctor, my head hurts when I update my Angstrom.

Doctor: Don't update your Angstrom.

--

Regards,
Alan