On 02/06/2013 04:54 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
I'm trying to build the Angstrom Kernel on an Ubuntu machine (using the
instructions on the wiki: http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardLinuxKernel ), but
when I copy the default config file from /patches/beaglebone/defconfig to
the kernel source root directory after applying quilt (which fails on a
couple of patches btw) and run make menuconfig I do not see any references
to ARM. The processor type is listed as Pentium Pro?

A simple make menuconfig will not work if you want to make a kernel for a different architecture than the build host.

Use
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=<toolchainprefix> menuconfig to generate a working cross-compile makefile.

See Documentation/kbuild/kbuild.txt

Björn

PS: If you have problems applying the patches, take a look at https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/branches

--