On 04/24/2013 01:17 PM, laurent.sch...@emerson.com wrote:
Hello,

I am using the angstrom distribution on an iMX28 based board.
I'll like to have the possibility to set the time zone on my board - therefore
I've added the tzdata package to my bitbake recipe.

The result was that /usr/share/info came then with the following time zones
related data:

root@mx28:/usr/share/zoneinfo# ls
Africa       Asia         CET          EET          EST5EDT      Europe
GMT          GMT-0        Greenwich    MET          MST7MDT      NZ-CHAT
PST8PDT      ROC          UCT          Universal    WET          iso3166.tab
America      Australia    CST6CDT      EST          Etc          GB
GMT+0        GMT0         HST          MST          NZ           PRC
Pacific      ROK          UTC          W-SU         Zulu         zone.tab

root@mx28:/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe# ls
London  Moscow  Paris

While this is already a good starting point, I would need to get a - > more
complete list < - of possible time zones like the list usually found on desktop
linux distributions:

user@si14-imx28-bsp:/usr/share/zoneinfo$ ls
Africa      Arctic    Australia  CET      Cuba   Eire     Etc      GB
GMT0   Greenwich  Iceland  iso3166.tab  Japan      localtime  Mideast  Navajo
Pacific   posix       PST8PDT  ROK        Turkey     US   W-SU
America     Asia      Brazil     Chile    EET    EST      Europe   GB-Eire
GMT-0  Hongkong   Indian   Israel       Kwajalein  MET        MST      NZ
Poland    posixrules  right    Singapore  UCT        UTC  zone.tab
Antarctica  Atlantic  Canada     CST6CDT  Egypt  EST5EDT  Factory  GMT
GMT+0  HST        Iran     Jamaica      Libya      Mexico     MST7MDT  NZ-CHAT
Portugal  PRC         ROC      SystemV    Universal  WET  Zulu

user@si14-imx28-bsp:/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe$ ls
Amsterdam  Belfast   Bratislava  Budapest    Dublin     Helsinki     Jersey
  Lisbon     Luxembourg  Mariehamn  Moscow   Paris      Riga    San_Marino
Skopje     Tallinn   Uzhgorod  Vienna     Warsaw      Zurich
Andorra    Belgrade  Brussels    Chisinau    Gibraltar  Isle_of_Man
Kaliningrad  Ljubljana  Madrid      Minsk      Nicosia  Podgorica  Rome
Sarajevo    Sofia      Tirane    Vaduz     Vilnius    Zagreb
Athens     Berlin    Bucharest   Copenhagen  Guernsey   Istanbul     Kiev
  London     Malta       Monaco     Oslo     Prague     Samara  Simferopol
Stockholm  Tiraspol  Vatican   Volgograd  Zaporozhye

Can anyone explain me the procedure for getting an exhaustive list of time
zones into my linux distribution ?

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Did you try to install the other tzdata packets like:

tzdata-africa
tzdata-americas
tzdata-antarctica
tzdata-arctic