What is the *right* way to configure the default locale (the one chosen on
the system bootup) on the system?

I'm using an Ångström-based distro and the /etc/environment trick doesn't
work (and even if it worked, I wanna know the *right* way to set the LANG
var). The file /etc/locale.conf doesn't seem to have effect also (it even
doesn't exist). I was able to set the LANG env var using .bashrc, but I
want to set the locale for the whole system, not for my user only.

I tried to grep some config scripts, but no success. I cannot find this
info on the wiki neither. Any thoughts?

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker