If you haven't already considered, DigitalOcean miiiight be an option
(someone feel free to correct me). I believe they may even have an image
you can boot up already configured with Node on Ubuntu 14. Some additional
installation/configuration may of course be required, but they tend to have
a decent selection of help articles on how to get going with various setup
tasks. Pretty flexible on the setup, and you can backup and restore your
images fairly easily. I haven't used them for anything substantial, though,
and not sure what their customer service is like, but they're cheap. I did
find some minor stability issues with them awhile back, but YMMV...