I'm curious about two way databinding in Angular2.

I played around with the quickstart project and would like to know how to
get a value from an UI-element back to the model:

In the source example I used the change event and a manually update of the
model.

But this may not be the right way, or???

Here the example:

 import {Component, Template, bootstrap} from 'angular2/angular2';

@Component({
    selector: 'my-app'
})

@Template({
    inline:
        '<h1>Hello {{ name }}</h1><br/>' +
        '<button (click)="changeValue()">Change</button>' +
        '<input #input type="text" name="user" [value]="name"
(change)="update($event)">'
})

// Component controller
class MyAppComponent {
    constructor() {
        this.name = 'Alice';
    }

    changeValue() {
        this.name='Peter';
    }

    update(e) {
        console.log('update',e.srcElement.value);
        this.name=e.srcElement.value;
    }
}

bootstrap(MyAppComponent);