Good presentation from ng-conf on upcoming i18n functionality:
http://youtu.be/iBBkCA1M-mc

As far as release dates go,
plurals and gender message format support will be in 1.4.

It was mentioned that there is no timeline for command line extraction
tools.
It's unclear to me if this means support for translations are in "command
line extraction tools"
and hence no timeline for translations as well?

If so, it seems like the only choice for implementing translations now is:
https://github.com/angular-translate/angular-translate
(if choosing between the two that is)
Can anyone confirm or deny?