Well, I think many courses talk about AngularJs and NodeJs only because
with this configuration you can build an entire web application (frontend +
backend) using only a language (js, obv).
So, there's no reason to think that the best way to learn angular is using
it with node. Angular is "simply" a front-end framework: just use it with
your preferred backend framework/language/whatever!