I've just recently started messing around with Ng2

I'm digging into the animation part for the first time and I've ran into
some issues.

I have a ngFor that basically repeats divs with different widths. Each
element in the array has it's own div's width value which is calculated the
component's onInit method.

Before the animations I was binding the width via [style.width]="expresson".
The docs say you can define an animation end state style with '*' which
means it'll get the right value from the computed style, but that doesn't
work when I'm programatically setting the width myself.

So, question is, how can I tell the animation to either trigger when I
change the width, or to dynamically set the value for the end state? Thanks!