How do you determine the current locale selected?

1. From what I am reading here
(https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/cookbook/i18n.html) it seems what is
parsed is what you define you want to be translated using <h1 i18n>
2. I guess you could take your json files and somehow inject them into each
locale file needed by Angular 2 translation as part of your build?
locale/messages.fr.xlf. But then you cannot leverage dynamic changes which
leads me to recommend using some database backend to store yoru translated
files. Depends I guess