Of course, all communication must happen over https, but I specifically
meant http-only cookie, it's a type of cookie that is stored in the
browser's memory, but is not accessible via JavaScript. That's an extra
measure of security to prohibit stealing of session cookie by a scripting
attack. That's the only reason why not to use the local storage. Of course,
the browser must support this specific cookie type to process it's
accessability accordingly.

Pāvils