I've got a project where users need to be able to load an app, then open
new browser tabs to different routes in the same app (to allow placement of
different tabs on multiple monitors).

Obviously, triggering a route change in the same browser tab is easy. But
I've looked through the Router and Location classes and can't find
something that would allow me to specify a route and any URL params and get
back a full URL that I can use to open a new tab.

At first, I thought perhaps Location's prepareExternalUrl() method might do
this, but it doesn't. Does anyone know if there's something buried in the
API that will build a full URL string (including origin, port, etc.) for a
given route and params? If not, I can probably build something to do this
myself. I was just hoping there might be something built-in that I'm not
seeing.

Thanks,

Brian