I'm building an application that has two distinct user experiences, a
mobile experience centered on uploading images and videos and a desktop
experience centered on viewing the uploaded content. I had considered a
PWA, but after researching realized that a mobile device's native camera
interface is not accessible with the web api's used to capture video and
image, which was a deciding factor for me. So I think the best option at
this point is to use Ionic for the mobile experience and Angular2 for the
desktop.

I have used Angular, but am new to Ionic. My question is, will I be
developing two separate code bases? It seems like that is the case. They
will both consume and feed into the same API, but I'm curious to know if,
generally speaking, that is the only overlap there will be. Any insight
appreciated.