Given the task of revamping our website this is the work done on the back
end in 8 weeks:

http://dealatrip.co.uk/demo/#/property/addproperty

My initial view is that the layout is very poor and there are lots of
obvious spelling mistakes.

So I asked, having been given the above link, when demanding a progress

Me to developer: The entire back-end framework should have been in place
long before now.  Surely that is the basis on then putting the components
in.  Am I right?
Developer: No. Entire back end framework cannot be in place so quickly..
And UI would also be done parallel with back end framework.  Earlier
technology was doing both at the same time. Current one needs separate
development for both.. Front end and backend as well..

Technology stack is:
1. Mongo DB
2. Nodejs
3. Express framework
4. Angular 5

Developer states he is working on the api which is taking up the time.

I'm not feeling confident about things ..........   Things should be much
further progressed   Maybe the wrong theme is being used. Am I right to be
concerned?

If you have the time to provide a view I would be grateful.

Thanks, David