Hello,

i have a simple question cause by my poor understanding of the framework.

I'm aware of Angular lifecycle hooks
<https://angular.io/guide/lifecycle-hooks> but i'm still confused on where
i should subscribe to Observables that aren't related to any angular
lifecycle.

I'm using Redux bindings for Angular
<https://github.com/angular-redux/platform> and i'm constantly reading from
Observables to be aware of the values in the global state, but where should
i subscribe to the Observables?

  constructor(private readonly ngRedux: NgRedux<IAppState>, private
notificationsService: NotificationsService) {

    // Subscribe to global HTTP errors and show a notification in case of
problems.
   this.getErrorSlice$.subscribe(errorData => {
     // Check that errors were actually returned and weren't already shown
to the user
     if (errorData.error.length > 0 && errorData.shown === false) {
       // Show the notification and mark it as "shown" (to avoid showing
infinite notifications)
       this.notificationsService.error('Problems fetching the list of
events from the server.');
// turns errorData.shown to true.
       this.ngRedux.dispatch(shownError());
     }
   });

I'm currently subscribing to this observable in the constructor and based
on the data returned i fire a notification. I'm confused on how this is
possible, isn't the constructor supposed to fire just once, at the
component creation?

How come the code inside the .subscribe() function keeps getting run even
though the constructor has already been fired?

Thanks,
Filipe