I am currently working on an Angular 7 project using
https://www.highcharts.com and its "Stockchart" for displaying data in that
chart. I have gotten that "frontend" chart to work by reading in dummy data
at the moment.

Apart from the above project, I also established a typeorm project version
0.2.8 (my backend) following the steps outlined in the typeorm
documentation here https://www.npmjs.com/package/typeorm and am able to
successfully access a MSSQL database in my local network that holds
statistical data to be read into the Angular 7 project Stockchart mentioned
before.

My aim is now to connect the two projects in order to be able to read in
data from the backend and into the frontend project.

So far, I have tried the following approach recommended to me by others...

1. Run npm generate library somelibraryname in my Angular 7 project
2. "Porting" the syntax from the working typeorm project into the newly
created library in my Angular 7 project
3. Trying to test the functionality of the MSSQL connection however results
in CLI errors due to the "start" script being a duplicate and as such,
unable to run both projects with "start" at the same time

As a result, I have ran into a dead-end and am now contemplating, whether I
have used the correct approach in order to achieve the above goal which is
getting access to the data from within the Angular 7 project.

The matter of this issue seems to be ambiguous as some people are obviously
having similar problems without being able to solve them
https://github.com/typeorm/typeorm/issues/2884 while others, such as some
more professional companies have gone as far as to warn about
incompatibility between Angular 7 and typeorm due to CLI issues
https://hackernoon.com/from-typeorm-to-loopback-a-retrospective-188ea18527a2
and
as a result, have opted for alternative solutions.

I have talked to the person who is responsible for the deployment/lead
development of typeorm on https://www.npmjs.com on slack but have been
told, that he is unable to provide unpaid support which resulted in the
present dead-end.

Furthermore, I found this link
https://github.com/typeorm/typeorm/issues/1290#issuecomment-420143054
indicating,
that typeorm *could* potentially work with Angular 6 but which doesn't
disclose sufficient details. I am still awaiting some response from that
individual after having sent a request for elaboration on the post and
possible solution as I am not only having the aforementioned doubts but am
using Angular 7, not Angular 6 which could spell even more problems down
the road if there is no confirmation of compatibility between the two.

I am therefore turning to this forum with my issue in hopes to find some
viable input or to be pointed into the right direction.

For what it's worth, I am currently considering an alternative approach
(though coming from a backend-developer background and being fairly new to
Angular, I am not sure if this is possible at all and this is so far only
an idea)...

- Using a library such as https://www.npmjs.com/package/ng-packagr to
package/bundle my entire typeorm project in order to being able to import
the resulting .tgz as a library into node_modules in the Angular 7 project
and thus, getting access to the data this way (not sure if this is possible
though)

What I am essentially looking for is either a solution or to be pointed
into the right direction in terms of how to solve the problem...

Thanks in advance for any input, big or small.