Hello Brian

This is unspecified since prior to ACP there is always an RPI, thus the need to
express it somewhere, which we did in the ANIMA spec; and the problem you
raised has 2 sides.

Could be that nodes always expect an RPI and could be that they never do.
Either way nodes may drop the packet in some default: case.

I think that what we have now at ANIMA works, and that a more complete
specification would be useful for a more general case, explaining pro cons of
using RPI and in which case mixed mode could work. Would ANIMA wish that ROLL
publishes that doc?

Take care,

Pascal