On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 16:51 +0200, Andrea Caboni wrote:
> Salve a tutti, sono una new entry della mailing list.
> volevo chiedervi dove posso trovare un manuale per il plugin
> triangulations o ancora meglio un esempio di database utilizzabile da
> questo plugin,

Hi Andrea,

the mailing list in in English :)

The plugin was developed for the Conservation Biology Unit of the
University of Évora (Portugal) at the time I was working there, and I
supervised the design of the tool.

The use of the plugin is pretty straightforward, you need a point layer
(shape, csv, etc.) with a least a few mandatory fields: an ID (not
unique) to identify different specimens in case you have more than one
in the same table. Then you need the bearing and eventually two fields
for the x/y coords.

If I'm not wrong then you can choose to discard the result with a
diverging bearing and to keep only triangulations or keep also
"biangulations". In case of the triangulations the location is computed
as the centroid of the resulting area, so there is also an option to
discard locations computed from areas bigger than a certain value.

cheers

-- Giovanni --