Hi Stefano,

no, qgis 1.7.4 is not the latest version, it is in fact pretty old.
Since 1.7.4 there was 1 and half year of qgis 1.8 and now we have the
new 2.0 version.

If you are not using qgis to compute Home Ranges with the old R based
Home Range plugin and if you are not computing them with the non-R
based Animove plugin, then i wouls certainy suggest you to remove any
QGIS package you may have installed and update to QGIS 2.0.

The Animove plugin does not work (yet) in QGIS 2.0, so eventually you
may want to use qgis 1.8 instead.

All the plugins that made use of R (Home Range, ManageR, SDA4PP) are
not mantained since long ago and this means that it anyway highly
probable they stopped to work (in QGIS 1.7.4 or earlier) because of an
R update.

cheers!