Hi all,

I have just started learning R and the statistics related to home range
analysis. Currently I have a problem that I suspect is conceptual
straightforward: for 2 distant populations, I like to output some metric
for their contact rate (i.e., volume of joint probability density function)
within a specified region in space.

As a test example, in default data *puechabonsp *with 4 individuals, if I
suppose each individual is actually a population, I can visualize the UD
overlap between population 1 and 2 by running commands:

> kudl <- kernelUD(puechabonsp$relocs[,1], h="LSCV")
> vud <- getvolumeUD(kudl)
> xyzv <- as.image.SpatialGridDataFrame(vud[[1]])
> contour(xyzv, add=TRUE)
> xyzv2 <- as.image.SpatialGridDataFrame(vud[[2]])
> contour(xyzv2, add=TRUE,col = 'red')

which gives
[image: Inline image 1]

However, how can I evaluate, potentially via one of the kerneloverlap
functions,
the overlap (or some other metric for contact likelihood between
individuals of each populations) within a defined square, say, xlim =
[700000, 701000] and ylim = [3161500,3162000]?

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,
Yun
--