Hello everyone,

The Apache Ant team has voted to EOL the 1.9.x release series of the Ant build tool.

The Ant team had been maintaining 2 series of Ant releases for a while now - 1.10.x and 1.9.x. The 1.10.x series requires a minimum of Java 8 runtime and receives regular bug fixes and some enhancements. Ant 1.9.x series which allowed a minimum of Java 5 runtime was last released 3 years back and we haven't been backporting any bug fixes to that series. As such we voted to EOL 1.9.x releases. 1.9.16 which was released around 3 years back will be the last released version of 1.9.x series.

We urge Ant users to move to 1.10.x releases if they haven't yet already.

The result of the vote is available here https://lists.apache.org/thread/f6jw4v3gjwhqt5fz25og0my2o6xwvvm1 and the voting thread (which is now concluded) is available here https://lists.apache.org/thread/46w8vzbyh34t70smm2g8w7pkb24l9sdd.

-Jaikiran (on behalf of Apache Ant team)