When Open MPI version 1.1.3 was released on January 26th 2007, an intermediate beta source release was unfortunately posted to the Open MPI web site instead of the intended final 1.1.3 release. What was published was equivalent to Open MPI 1.1 series development as of mid- December 2006 -- it did not include all the most recent 1.1 series bug fixes and improvements from January 2007.

Hence, the Open MPI Team is announcing the release of Open MPI version 1.1.4. Version 1.1.4 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).

In short: today's 1.1.4 release is what the 1.1.3 release should have been. We apologize for the mixup.

The list of fixes and improvements sent out in the prior announcement e-mail (http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/announce/ 2007/01/0009.php) is representative of today's 1.1.4 release (as compared to the prior 1.1.2 release). The NEWS file has been updated to reflect what actually shipped in 1.1.3 and what is "new" in 1.1.4.

We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to version 1.1.4 if possible.

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit